Friday 13 November 2015

Discussion with Paula and Michelle

After Paula had posted the slide share on paulanottingham.blogspot.co.uk, myself, Paula and Michelle got together via video chat and discussed the slides in more depth.

For me it was really useful being able to talk about my inquiry out loud and have someone ask me questions that I hadn't yet thought about or that I presumed would be obvious to my audience. I realised it was important for me to fully explain my job role and my inquiry within the introduction before assuming that my audience would know what I was writing about. 

I have found some creative images to help keep me motivated and have around me whilst I am working, this is something Paula suggested would be really helpful and I have to say I'm going to give it a try and see how these positive images can keep me motivated. 


I especially enjoy this one from funtoxin.com.

We had a great discussion about the difference between the analysis and evaluation. This was something that was confusing me, however Paula explained that the evaluation is more of an explanation about what you have been doing and the data you have been collecting and also what you hope to find out from your inquiry, and the analysis is connecting the ideas the you have gathered from interviews, observations, professional conversations, reflective journal and literature. 

There is another session Friday 13th November if anyone is available, I would highly recommend it. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment